As part of Sydney Catholic Schools, we employ highly qualified and competent teachers who are accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). To continuously improve our practice, teachers also work towards the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, from proficient teacher to lead teacher level.
The delivery of quality curriculum, pedagogy (teaching methods) and assessment is ensured by our system of schools through the provision of contemporary NESA accredited professional learning in a range of modes. Our Centres of Excellence offer online learning and external face-to-face courses, and timely, collaborative and relevant in-situ learning take place within the context of each classroom. Sydney Catholic Schools’ teachers are strongly committed to their ongoing learning, with many having completed, or are currently undertaking, postgraduate studies in areas related to curriculum, student wellbeing, special education, theology, pastoral care and leadership.
Teachers at St Pius’ Catholic Primary School Enmore are engaged in ongoing professional development, and are challenged through their professional learning experiences. These are some of the opportunities and practices we undertake:
- Teachers are provided with opportunities to continue to develop best teaching practices through peer observations, learning walks and feedback to apply in their classrooms.
- Various NESA accredited courses are provided throughout the year for teachers to develop their skills in self-identified areas.
- Data teams including the leadership team, diverse learning teacher and classroom teacher assess students by gathering and analysing data to inform teaching and learning programs targeting the individual needs of students.
- A collaborative inquiry whole school approach provides a clear direction in how to strengthen and refine expected, effective practices that empower all learners and learning.
- ‘Performance growth in action’ provides our teachers with the opportunities to identify areas for professional growth and development.